The Amway Grand Plaza has been making history since the original hotel - The Pantlind - opened in 1913. Fashioned after English Adams architecture by designers Warren & Wetmore, the hotel's special details included one of the world's largest gold-leaf ceilings in the Pantlind lobby. By 1925, The Pantlind was rightfully ranked "One of the Ten Finest Hotels in America." That distinguished history paved the way for the new Amway Grand Plaza Hotel.
Amway Corporation, now part of the Alticor family of companies, acquired the historic Pantlind and carefully refurbished the original building. The Amway Grand Plaza reopened in 1981 and now combines the graceful heritage of The Pantlind with the modern amenities of the new Glass Tower.
In the more than 20 years since that renovation, the Amway Grand Plaza has played a major role in the renaissance of downtown Grand Rapids and continues to draw thousands of visitors each year to Western Michigan.
To be the most admired hotel company by delivering quality experiences for our guests and employees.